Cartan Library 3.1

john

22 Nov, 2022 10:40 AM

Attached is the latest rev of my Cartan Node Library!

Version 3.1 includes 107 nodes. All nodes are free for use with no restrictions.

To use: with your current project open use File/Open Recent to open node library 3-1.ndbx in another window. Then just copy/paste the desired node from the library into your project. A few of the nodes also require adding a code library module (included).

The top section contains all 107 nodes categorized by output type. The bottom section contains 107 demos. Some demos contain extra bonus nodes.

WHAT'S NEW

New Nodes:

Improvements:

• Alt_grid: Add two "trimmed" options to the indent parameter. Thanks to Floris for suggesting this in the Library 3.0 thread.
  • Arrow. Added a pivot offset parameter that adjusts the arrow's pivot point. Default pivot now set to base of arrow midline.
  • Colors.
    • A new (optional) shapes port overrides amount so you don't have to use a separate count node to count the number of shapes to be colored.
    • I also fixed a subtle bug; range now ends with the precise end color.
  • Even_sample.
    • No longer requires contours.py; if needed, use a contours node on the input path.
    • The Curves Only option is now significantly faster.
    • Curved segments now use the same distribution as the Entire Path option, making it easier to switch back and forth between the two.
  • Image node updated comment to warn that it requires image.py.
  • Mask node: parameter labels and comment updated for clarity. "Path" and "Mask" instead of "bg path" and "foreground".
  • Order_LRTB now accepts shapes as well as points. If given shapes, it sorts shapes; if given points, it sorts points.
  • Rearrange.
    • Now moves points as well as shapes.
    • T can now take any value (before was -100 to 100); you can move past targets or in opposite direction.
    • Shapes can now be aligned relative to target points (not just centered on them).
  • Treemap node now has an option not to sort values.
  • Triangle can now output values for angles and sides.

Depricated Nodes

• Move_to. Align node already does this.

As always, please reply to this note and let me know that you saw it. This helps me know if anyone is using this library. If you find any issues with any of these nodes, or have suggestions for improvements or new nodes, PLEASE let me know. I hope you all have as much fun using this library as I had making it.

Go forth and create!

John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Cartan_Library_3.1_Screenshot.png 1.03 MB
  • Cartan_Library_3.1_Poster.pdf 4.14 MB
  • Node_Library_3.1.zip 2.26 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Nov, 2022 03:21 PM
22 Nov, 2022 10:40 AM
22 Nov, 2022 09:55 AM