Gothic Arch Node
I made this node for a project I am working on and thought I'd share it.
Gothic_arch draws a classic Gothic arch shape based on an equilateral triangle. It takes the following parameters:
- Inner Width: the width between the two pillars
- Rise: the length from the base up to the point where the arch's curve begins
- Thickness: the thickness of the pillars. If zero, returns a simple curve.
- Bricks: if checked, returns a group of bricks forming the arch
- Bricks in Arch: the number of bricks forming the arch curve (not counting the rise)
The arch shape is fairly simple but does require a bit of geometry to construct. The node output is rudimentary but could be used as the basis for a more detailed drawing.
I am never quite sure what to do a node like this. It is probably too arcane to be included in a general purpose library, but could be rather handy in some situations and might also inspire interesting new projects. So here it is. If someone out there sees this and actually uses it, please let me know. I'd love to see projects using this arch or suggestions for how to make it better.
- gothic_arch_screenshot.png 354 KB
- Gothic_Arch.ndbx.zip 70.6 KB
|?||Show this help|
|ESC||Blurs the current field|
|r||Focus the comment reply box|
|^ + ↩||Submit the comment|
You can use
Command ⌘ instead of
Control ^ on Mac
1 Posted by julien on 07 Sep, 2022 08:48 AM
Really cool, can be useful for random building generation!