My spiral node draws five types of spiral: Fermat, Square, Archimedean, Logarithmic, and Fibonacci. It outputs them as either a key set of points or as a clean bezier path. Requires make_curve.py (included).
The node has seven settings:
- Angle x 100
- Clockwise vs. Counterclockwise
- Output (Path or Points)
The demo includes several other handy subnetworks:
- reverse_dir: reverses direction of a path even if it includes beziers
- shrinking_text: turns a string into a series of letter paths of diminishing size
- wind_letters: winds letter paths around a spiral
- walls: creates isometric 3D walls from a square spiral
- fib_boxes: draws a series of interlocking Fibonacci boxes
The spiral node is free for you to use as you wish in any future creations. Enjoy!
- spirals_screenshot.png 648 KB
- Spirals.zip 100 KB
|?||Show this help|
|ESC||Blurs the current field|
|r||Focus the comment reply box|
|^ + ↩||Submit the comment|
You can use
Command ⌘ instead of
Control ^ on Mac
1 Posted by mike on 30 Jul, 2021 02:03 AM
The Text on a spiral path intrigues me.
Two things I think it would be interesting to do with it.
1) A clockwise rotation.
2) A clockwise rotation after which the text dissagrears from the ouside in until it's all gone. A, down the rabbit hole kind of animation effect.
Either would look cool, but, especially # 2.
2 Posted by mike on 30 Jul, 2021 02:05 AM
Support Staff 3 Posted by john on 30 Jul, 2021 04:22 AM
You mean like this:
(I know it's not exactly what you mentioned, but it's pretty close.)
Check out all the other NodeBox animations on my Instagram account:
NodeBox can do many things.
4 Posted by mike on 30 Jul, 2021 04:50 PM
At some point Instagram wants me to sign in.
Support Staff 5 Posted by john on 30 Jul, 2021 11:35 PM
Yeah, sorry about that.
Instagram is convenient. But I suppose I should host all those videos on my own web server so people can view them without being hassled. It would take a bit of slogging, but I'll add that to my list of things to do.