12 Star Spiral Rose

john

24 Apr, 2018 03:39 AM

Sacred Geometry is a great fit for NodeBox. I saw this 12 Star Spiral Rose on Pinterest and decided to make my own.

I did the whole thing by trial and error. It's hard to imagine to feeling your way through designs like this as fluidly with any other tool. I then threw in some animation just for fun. The colors are from a photo of some Islamic tiles from a mosque.

Enjoy!

John

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Frederik De Ble... on 26 Apr, 2018 07:07 PM

That looks amazing! Reminds me of the work Lucas is doing with his arabic tilings...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by john on 29 Apr, 2018 09:10 AM

Thanks, Frederik!

Actually, I have recently become more interested in tessellations and tilings, Arabic tilings in particular, but haven't had the time to pursue it.

I did just create another geometric image for Zander using my fragment node - PNG attached.

Lucas, if you are listening, I would love to see some of your work.

John

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by lucasnijs on 08 May, 2018 10:19 AM

Hello John,

it was a while since i looked at the forum...
    Nice work as always from you.
    Well... arab tiling... It is mind boggling! It is boggling my mind at least. I recently made all 17 possible mathematical tilings for plane filling in NodeBox Live. That's the easy part. Me visiting the alhambra in granada during the easter holiday did not help, on the contrary. Recognizing the symmetries is (for me) almost impossible since they constantly mislead me. Anyway if you want to see the work in progress: designlooksnice.com/alhambrafs1. Mind you: it is still in progress, lots of open ends, mistakes etc. The purposes:

1: create a guide book/map to the alhambra tilings
    2: creating my own patterns (this is the fun part and luckily that is easy now,
    I can create zillions by now, if you choose the 6pmm for example on that page you can see infintely generated random patterns with that symmetry, using only one of the infinite ways of doing just that...)
    If you want to talk more about this, feel free to mail me,
    best,

Lucas

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• spiral_rose.zip 3.29 KB
  • spiral_rose_screenshot.png 605 KB
  • spiralRose.gif 5.28 MB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Jun, 2022 05:30 AM
15 Jun, 2022 06:03 AM
06 Jun, 2022 01:07 PM