Option Drag Bug

john

03 Mar, 2019 06:55 AM

Frederik,

I hit this bug fifty times a day and it's driving me capital K Krazy!

Pick any node and option-drag it to create a copy. The copy will now be selected. If you option-drag Rect1 you will see Rect1 and Rect2 with Rect2 selected.

Now change parameters on the new selected node. All seems normal. But the changes you are making are actually applied to the unselected node you copied from! You think you are changing Node 2 but you really changing Node 1. This violates the whole concept behind selecting things.

This violation happens with all kinds of nodes, including subNetworks. If you don't catch it right away, the damage can be extensive. Not only do the changes you made to the selected node not appear there (leading to all sorts of mysterious behavior), but those changes quietly appear instead in another node, maybe in another area of the screen, that is already connected to many other nodes. This triggers an avalanche of unexpected changes.

There is a simple workaround. After you option-drag you just have to click on some other node to select it, then re-select the new node you just created. The problem is, even after years of this, I keep forgetting to do it. I sometimes get so caught up that I am selecting groups of nodes, option dragging them, and repeating it several times until I notice that my entire network is now completely scrambled.

Please fix this! Please! My sanity - already precarious - hangs in the balance.

John

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by john on 16 Jun, 2019 11:18 PM

Frederick,

Could you please take a look at this? It's probably an easy bug to fix and it's still biting me every single day. This is the top bug fix on my list.

Thanks,

John

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

24 Aug, 2019 03:14 AM
11 Aug, 2019 01:17 PM
08 Aug, 2019 04:13 AM